Sunday, June 25, 2017

Thanks to Auto Repair Shops That Trust Their Customers

Precision Auto Care
274 West Main Street
Woodland, CA 95695 


Dear Sirs: 

On Thursday, June 1, I was driving my Honda Odyssey from Washington State to my home in Monterey, California.  My power steering went out in Dunnigan, and my AAA insurance agent recommended your repair facility.  

Your receptionist took my call and very helpfully allowed me to speak to one of your mechanics, Hector.  Hector talked me through the issue, and with his help and expert opinion, I decided that I could risk continuing to drive all the way home, rather than stay overnight to have your facility repair the power steering pump the next day.  Indeed, I made it home without the power steering working, and the problem was indeed a faulty pump. 

I want to thank you for having a great policy in place, so that you would allow one of your mechanics to talk to a stranger who needed an opinion.  It saved me from having to stay overnight in a strange town, and finding a hotel that would put me and my dogs up overnight -- which would be incredibly difficult.  The fact that your mechanic took the time to spend three minutes on the phone to go over some basic troubleshooting saved me a huge amount of hassle and time. 
I had called my usual auto facility in Monterey first, and despite being a customer for over 20 years, they would not stick their necks out to help me make a decision, nor allow me to speak to a mechanic.  The guy who answered the phone knew me, knew that I was a customer of 20 years, and had enough knowledge to help me with the issue.  However, citing insurance liability, he told me that he could not tell me much, and he did not tell me enough to allow me to make my own decision. 

I am thankful that there are still some service facilities that are willing to help out a driver in need.  No thanks to my auto repair guys in Monterey, who I am very disappointed with (and when I complained to the owner, he seemed more concerned that I was criticizing his guy on the phone, rather than the fact that his policy was terrible). 

THANKS!

Regards, 
Norb Wu
----------------------------------------
Norbert Wu Productions
USA

No comments: