Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Amazon Knows What Cameras You Have...How to Adjust Settings

I recently switched cameras from Nikon and Canon to a Panasonic Micro Four Thirds camera.  I've been looking at lenses for this new system on Amazon.  

Amazon has a section in their web pages when I am looking at lenses, which says things like, "No, this lens won't fit your Nikon D800 body."  I tried for hours to remove the old camera bodies that Amazon had associated with me.  

I finally posted the below to Amazon's photography forum (which was itself incredibly hard to find):
HI -- I am a professional photographer. I've purchased several camera bodies from Amazon in the past, and they show up when I am looking at lenses. I've recently changed from Nikon and Canon cameras to Panasonic GH4, and I'd like to delete/remove those old cameras from my account. These old cameras show up when I am looking at lenses and there's a box that says "No, this lens won't fit your D800 body" and that sort of thing. I've finally learned how to add a camera body that I have not purchased through Amazon but still can't figure out how to delete a body. Thanks.  

I very quickly received a helpful reply from a forum member, and I post this for others needing such help.  He wrote: 
Log in

Your Recommendations

Improve your recommendations

scroll through all the cruft (sic) and mark "do not use for ..." on the desired items.

No comments: