Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Don't Quite Understand

I don't quite understand how walking 60 miles for the Susan G. Komen foundation will solve the problem of breast cancer. I walk, I will be very sore, I will be very tired. How will that help solve breast cancer?

I don't mean to be mean. I donate to causes that I believe in and that are close to my heart. I did stop donating to the SPCA of Monterey County when the director told me that he would not stop robocalling because "it works."

I'm just tired of constantly being hit over the head with causes that want me to send them money. It's out of control, man! I'd like to drink my coffee without having to think whether I am saving a coffee grower in Africa. I'd like to walk without wondering if I am doing my part to beat breast cancer.

No comments: